Thursday 22 May 2014

Across the Pond and over to the City of Angels





In the taxi, upon arrival in LA
First of all my apologies for disappearing....BUT I'm always active on The Hi Societys Instagram account. So if you're ever worried and think that perhaps i've stopped coming across beautiful things, do not fear, because you'll see the beautiful things I come across on Insta!

So I just got back from my yearly trip to the States. I Went back to LA after a 4 year hiatus, and I must say, it did me a world of good. LA can feel like a very over whelming city since its so immense and vast, but once you get the hang of it and get familiar with the areas, it starts to feel like the State with endless possibilites. One can go from a coffee downtown, to an amazing lunch on the beaches of Malibu, to an evening of madness in Hollywood. 

Perhaps when i was in university in LA a few years ago (not really a few, but it sounds better... no it actually makes ME feel better...) I didnt quite appreciate what the city had to offer as much as i would now. So in the end...LA you once again found your place in my heart! 

View of DTLA (Downtown LA) from the apartment rooftop


Where did I go? What did I do while being romanced by the City of Angels?? 

Endless breakfasts, lunches, drinks and dinners....Whenever I land in the States its like i'm a squirrel stocking up on grub for the winter...Anything I can eat, I eat. Anything I can take back with me, I take back with me. Anything I haven't tried, I make a point to trying. So basically I usually come back with a bit more meat on my bones and a bounce in my step from all the sugar, fat and endless food possibilities that I find under my nose. 
Now that ladies and gentlemen is MY AMERICAN DREAM!!! 


Chin Chin at Cafe Stella in Silverlake


Cappuccino and chocolate chip salted cookie at Lamill in Silverlake
Malibu Farm on Malibu Pier...The best burgers and quinoa oatmeal with coconut milk

Malibu Farm


More to come on this trip!!








No comments:

Post a Comment